A Rambling November List

Hey everyone!

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted, but I don't think anyone should be surprised.
I mean, we've pretty much established that I am the worst blogger ever. But I'm still having fun, so here you go!

So Happy November, everyone. I do realize we are nearly halfway through the month at this point, but this is my first post of the month.

I really enjoyed my Rambling October List post. It was mindless entertainment, and it was fun to write, so I'm going to do a spin-off here.

See, my November hasn't been busy with lots of things to do, but it's been busy because I've been writing a lot. It's National Novel Writing Month, if you didn't already know, and I made the brave {crazy?} decision to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.

Now, before you ask me about it, don't ask me about it. I'm very weird about some of my writing, and this work in progress is a rough pile of...roughness. See, I can't even write a good descriptive sentence about it because all of my words have been drained in this endeavor. I get weirdly embarrassed when I'm asked about it, and nothing sounds as good when I describe it to someone as it does in my head. But all a first draft has to do is exist, which is a super beautiful thought.

So let's just not ask me about it and move on, mkay?

Anyway, NaNoWriMo has taken over my life just a little, but it has been a lot of fun so far. When I'm done with this post, I have to write about 800 words to make my daily quota. There've been lots of moments, just me and my computer. This post, then, is an excellent addition to my writing schedule for the day because I don't have to be overly analytical or wordy. I can just tell you what I'm reading/writing/eating/drinking, and you can take that knowledge and do whatever you'd like with it. If that means nothing, then great. If that means you feel sympathy toward a poor, struggling writer, then great. If you know what to get me for Christmas now, GREAT!

So, without further ado...

My Current Books
My newest Wines & Spines Book Club selection has not yet arrived, so I am filling its place with one of those lovely, bodice-ripper romance novels that people love to read and don't like to admit it. But this series is very well written, and I find the characters interesting. This is the second in the Wallflowers series by Lisa Kleypas entitled It Happened One Autumn.
Image result for lisa kleypas it happened one autumn"
My Current Show
I'll be honest, I haven't watched a real episode of TV in quite a while. But Hallmark Channel is playing Christmas movies 24/7, and they're always an easy "I've got like 10 minutes, what's on TV?" kind of watch.
BUT THE CROWN DROPS ON SUNDAY! I'm excited {can you tell?} but I'm kinda concerned about Netflix because Disney+ is THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! Okay, all caps is done. For this section.
Image result for the crown season 3"   Image result for disney+"
My Current Podcast
I have not finished listening to all of the episodes of Binge Mode:  Harry Potter, but I needed to take a break from it. I got all the way through POA, the book and the movie, and I have now started listening to Bonnets at Dawn. It's a Jane Austen vs. the Bronte sisters podcast, and I'm super in love with it.
Image result for bonnets at dawn"
My Current Music {?}
Okay, this isn't music, but it's what I listen to when I'm writing. I've gotten very into ASMR videos in the past year or so. I like to play them when I'm writing or reading or just working on my computer. The background noise just helps me focus on my work. In fact, I'm listening to one right now! My two favorite ASMR artists are The Miracle Forest {loads of fun environments} and ASMR Rooms {loads of FANDOM environments!}
The Miracle Forest
ASMR Rooms

My Current Tea
I adore Bohea tea. This is a bit of an odd tasting tea at first sip--very smoky--but I love the flavor. And it's also a very historic tea. How so? Well, 240 of the chests of tea thrown into Boston Harbor during the Boston Tea Party were Bohea tea. I first bought this tea at Colonial Williamsburg. My current tin comes from Mount Vernon, and yes, I bought some when I was in Boston {at the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum, of course}. The Oliver Pluff Company from Charleston, South Carolina, has it available for purchase all the time.
My Current Coffee
Right now, I'm drinking the White Chocolate Cinnamon Dolce coffee from Door County Coffee & Tea. It's good, but I don't know that I would necessarily get it again. I think there's so many flavors going on that I can't really describe how it tastes. But it's a cozy drink for cold days!
My Current Snacks
One thing I did during my preparation for NaNoWriMo was accumulate some good writing snacks. I know you're dying to know...what makes a snack good for writing?
I'm so glad you asked.
So, here's the lowdown on this. A good writing snack has a few boxes it must check. 1) You have to be able to eat it one handed. 2) There can't be a lot of prep--if it's something that's got to be warm, forget it. If I didn't have a coffee cup warmer, my hot drinks would need to be reheated constantly. 3) It can't leave residue. If I have to wipe off my hands every time I eat, then I just won't eat. And then I get cranky. Nobody wants that.
Image result for hazelnut spread m&m's"Image result for blue diamond almonds"
Sooo...I tend to do a mix of sweet and salty. I've been chowing down on Goldfish, pretzels, almonds, and Hazelnut spread M&Ms. Nothing to unwrap, just dump some in a bowl and reach in when you're hungry. I don't mix them up as a trail mix {although this would be an awesome trail mix} because I usually just crave one or two things. I'd eat all the almonds and the M&Ms and be left with a bag of pretzels and Goldfish.

Anyway, there you have it! I hope you were entertained {or at least that you aren't regretting clicking on this link...}. And if you catch me walking like a zombie, at least make sure I'm going in the right direction. We're on day 13 of writing 1667 words a day...it's going to catch up to me soon. I just know it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1