Making a List, Checking it Twice

So, good news everyone! I am, in fact, still alive.
I survived NaNoWriMo {50,000 words...not a complete novel, but it's close}.
I survived my class {there was some doubt near the end}.
I have survived the first eight teaching days in December. Halfway to winter break....I think I can make it, I think I can make it, I think I can make it...
And since, once again, I am making my first blog post of the month nearly halfway in, we'll stick with a list. However, I have plans...glorious plans for coming posts. Maybe I'll be really productive over winter break and write several posts like a real blogger should.
That's a big "maybe."

My Current Books
I'm reading two, actually. Are you really surprised? The first is an unfinished novel by Jane Austen, Sanditon. I was able to attend my very first JASNA event this past Saturday {that would be the Jane Austen Society of North America, in case you were wondering}. It was a birthday tea to celebrate the great authoress's 244th birthday, which is December 16. There was a speaker before the tea who spoke about Sanditon and speculated on how Austen would have ended it. And there is a mini-series coming in January on PBS of the novel, so it seemed appropriate to re-read it.
Image result for sanditon book
The second book I'm reading is A Christmas Carol. I read it every year, and then I watch the Muppet movie. It's the best version, hands down, and I've seen a lot of versions, so you can trust me.
Image result for A christmas carol book

My Current Show
I feel like such a latecomer {because I am}, but over Thanksgiving break, I binged all of this season of The Masked Singer. I'm not a reality show person, just because I prefer to live in fictional worlds, but I do really like this show. And there's an episode on tonight, so I've got to get this blog post written! I like trying to piece together the clues with what I see and hear during their performances. It's a total guilty pleasure, but I don't care.
Image result for the masked singer
Oh, and I also love The Mandalorian. Baby Yoda....there are no words.
Image result for the mandalorian & baby yoda
My Current Music
I'm skipping podcast this month because after Thanksgiving, I took a break so I can *finally* listen to all of my Christmas music. I'm going to make two mentions quick, because I simply must share. My newest Christmas album is Bing at Christmas, a new release! It's Bing's vocals backed by the London Symphony Orchestra and a couple of special guests {my girls, The Puppini Sisters, being one of those guests}. It's a fun album if you get a chance to listen.
Image result for bing at christmas
And then there's & Juliet. I have to give Abigail a shout-out for putting me onto this one. It's a jukebox musical featuring 90s and 00s pop--we're talking Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears, people! It's amazing! I may have old school jammed out along with the entire album on my way to Chicago this weekend because I knew every word. Every. Word.
Image result for & juliet
My Current Tea
I'm drinking two right now - a black and an herbal. Why, you ask? Because they're Christmasy, and because I can. I usually drink herbal tea after six. The amount of caffeine in black tea is laughable compared to coffee, but I tend to avoid it later on in the evening anyway.
Harney & Sons Holiday Tea is one of my hands-down favorites of all time. It's like Christmas in a cup, and I love it.
Holiday Tea - Loose 4 oz. Tin - Harney & Sons Fine Teas
The herbal tea is a new one {for me} from The Republic of Tea. It's called Downton Christmas Tea {gee, I wonder why I bought it...}, and it's made from cranberries and hibiscus flowers and pine. An interesting, but very festive, combination.
Downton Abbey® Christmas Tea Bags
My Current Coffee
Door County Coffee. White Christmas. Do I really need to say more?
My Current Snacks
Right now, I'm *trying* really hard to "be good" when it comes to snacking. Basically, I'm trying not to snack. But sometimes it's really hard...so I've got a bag of almonds in my desk drawer and a large bag of Hazelnut Spread M&Ms by my desk at home. I'm trying very hard to avoid the Hot Cocoa Hershey's Kisses. I had some last year, and they are addicting...
Image result for hot cocoa hershey kisses
As an added bonus, since we are well into the Christmas season, feel free to play along! Share some of your favorite things in a comment {either on the blog or on Facebook}! If there's something I should be reading/watching/eating/drinking, let me know! Spread that joy all around!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

My Triumphant Return to Blogging