My Friday List

**Disclaimer:  I actually wrote this two weeks ago, but for some reason, it never posted.**

Having spent the last day and a half moving furniture and tearing out carpet to make way for much needed new carpet (much needed...green shag has to go!), I have been thinking about my dream home quite a lot. The things I want, the things I certainly don't want...and I thought this might make a list. I won't put a number on this list, because I have no idea how many things I will be able to come up with...I'm very tired and sore!

So, in no particular order...

The Top [insert number] Features of my Dream Home

1. A view

This is quite important. I want to be able to look out my windows and not see an ugly house or a gas station. It might not be much, but I like that when I look out my windows now, all I see is cornfields (and bean fields). I don't care if it is water or mountains or prairie--at least one side of the house needs to have a beautiful view.

2. A kitchen island

I don't have one of these now, and I would desperately love to have one. I love the idea of having a huge kitchen with an island in the middle. Maybe the stovetop could be on the island...like Mel's kitchen on Melissa & Joey. An island would make a great gathering place while you're waiting for your food to cook...share a glass of wine with your girlfriends, let your kids decorate cookies--so many possibilities!

3. A craft room/office

If I had a place to keep my scrapbooking things out 24/7, I would get so much more accomplished. If I had a place specifically for writing, I would get so much more written. It is difficult to write when you have people over your shoulder constantly, and it is difficult to put away your scrapbook stuff every time you finish a page. Not to mention it is entirely inconvenient.

4. A piano

If I didn't have a piano at the moment, my rudimentary piano skills would have completely disintegrated. I don't want to lose the ability to play, which means I must have somewhere to practice. Ergo, I must have a piano.

5. Beautiful landscaping

This could be the only view I get, so if I'm going to have a big backyard, it's going to be done right. Lights, seating areas, flowers, paths, a shrubbery maze...yes, my dream house is a medieval castle.

6. Lots of rooms

I grew up in a teeny tiny house. I live in a slightly larger house in the second smallest bedroom. I want a house with a lot of space so I don't feel on top of everyone all the time and I don't feel like there is stuff everywhere. As we have been moving things to rip out carpet, I have realized just how much stuff I have...and it is everywhere.

7. An amazing bathroom

I'm talking waterfall shower, enormous bathtub, crazy amounts of counter space...the works. I want all of my beauty products to fit in my bathroom rather than on my dresser top and floor and in the closet and under the sink...my own personal bathroom would be nice. Maybe even easier...

Well, there you have it! If I were building my dream home today, this is what it would include. Unfortunately, this will stay a dream for some time, as I am nowhere near able/ready to build my own home. But the dream lives on!

~Stay Gold!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1