Here We Go Again...


The last time I posted on this blog, we were waiting for the seventh season of Game of Thrones to start.

The last time I posted on this blog, I was working on a master’s degree at ISU.

The last time I posted on this blog, I was still a twenty-something. Yep, had to change the name of the blog.

And the last time I posted on this blog, this blog had become something I never wanted it to:  a burden. It felt like something I had to do rather than wanted to do.

So I stopped writing. Really, of any kind, for a good ten months. Maybe longer. I’m not going to get philosophical and try to dig some deep-rooted meaning as to why.
This is what I look like in my head when I'm writing...
I was burnt out. I had no more ideas. I felt like I wasn’t growing as a writer. I kept writing the same-old, same-old posts about hobbits and Jane Austen and Christmas songs.

So I quit.

And then this summer, I realized something.

I like writing about hobbits and Jane Austen and Christmas songs.

And I like writing, just in general.

Which explains how we got to where we are today. You see, I didn’t choose to restart my blog because I had some great awakening. I chose to restart my blog because I wanted to annoy all of you with my weekly ramblings. {Just kidding. If I’m annoying you, just stop reading. It’s a pretty easy solution.}

This may lead some of you to ask what you can expect this time around. How about 1000% more book reviews, knitting/crafting appreciation posts, some interactive posts {yes, you will get to participate; yes, I will give you extra credit}, maybe a giveaway or two {not holding myself to it, but I like the idea of it}, and RAMBLINGS. Oh so many ramblings.

And hobbits, of course.

Thanks for joining me on this lap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1