A Rambling October List

So right now, things are a bit stressful in the life of this rambler. I've got my evaluation coming up, I've got library school assignments to complete, I've got about 7,000 things on my to-do list {actually might be a low estimate}, and I'm trying not to think about how I still have 6 more days until I know if I was accepted to the grad program.

Like I said, stressed.

And thus, today's post is a bit rambly. It's a list {I love lists} of all of the things I am currently consuming in the beginning half of October, whether it be content of varying forms or food and drinks. Maybe you'll find something you love on this list. Maybe you'll find something new to love on this list. Maybe you'll find something you hate on this list--if that's the case, don't tell me. I don't wanna know. {Name that holiday TV special!}

My Current Books
Since I finished my Wines & Spines Book Club's next selection {The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn...if you haven't read it, this would be a perfect month to start it!}, I have moved on to two other books. Yes, I'm reading two books at the same time. Three, technically, because I have a third book I'm reading at school during my students' read-to-self time, but I'm not posting about that one.
Image result for the turn of the screw        Image result for harry potter and the chamber of secrets book
The first is a Gothic novel I haven't yet read, but it has been on my shelf for a while. The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. I haven't gotten far in it yet, but that's partly because I've been so tired when I try to read it that I can't seem to focus. The second is a re-read, and actually this is the second time I've read it this year:  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. But the reason I'm reading it again is because of the next bit of content...

My Current Podcast
Image result for binge mode harry potter
OMG, people. If you haven't listened to Binge Mode: Harry Potter, then what are you even doing with your life? A friend from library school told me about it this summer. They go through each of the books a chunk of chapters at a time, and then they go through the movie and other related topics. I'm currently listening to the third podcast for Chamber, hence the re-read. But WARNING! Binge Mode contains spoilers and adult content, so if that isn't your thing, then I'd listen to something else.

My Current Show
Image result for poldark
I'm in love with Poldark. Yes, I know, I watch weird shows on PBS. I also went to see the Downton Abbey movie twice, and both times the theater was me and mostly old people, so whatever. This is the final season of Poldark, and I binged the other four seasons in August. I love it. You'll love it. Probably.

My Current Music
Image result for hamilton soundtrack
I keep listening to Hamilton. But that's probably because I've got tickets to see it in November. Or it's because it's beyond amazing. Maybe six of one and half-dozen of the other?

My Current Tea
Pumpkin Spice -   - Harney & Sons Fine Teas
Yes, my tea is pumpkin spice. Yes, it's delicious. Thank goodness Barnes and Noble carries it.

My Current Coffee
I pretty much only drink Door County Coffee anymore...especially since you can order it online. No, I don't have a problem.

My Current Sweet
Oreo Carrot Cake Cookie, 12.2oz. Package
These are really, really good! Fallish but not pumpkin spice so people will leave me alone. It isn't like my whole life is pumpkin spice! Just all of my breakfast foods...and my tea...and the coffee that I'm probably opening next...

My Current Body Care
 Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Shower Gel - Bath And Body Works
Dang it. I was hoping this wouldn't come up. But you know what? If you want to listen to Christmas music, listen to Christmas music. If you like pumpkin spice in quite literally everything {ahem}, then you do you. If you want to decorate your house like it's in a horror movie, then go for it. As I keep seeing on Facebook, there's far too much negativity in the world. So do what makes you happy. Especially when you're majorly stressed. Because something's gotta get you up in the morning and help you trudge through the crushing weight of all the things you don't have done yet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1