Spring Break

Since this winter has decided to linger on and on and continue bringing us disgusting weather (even though normally, I love winter and would not be complaining...but come on, already!), most people have started turning their minds toward Spring Break. Where can I go to get away from this?

My biggest problem is the same that many people are having--money. There is one other problem:  companionship. I need to save my money so I can pay for those lovely student loans and my beautiful car. I also am limited with companionship, as most people I know are either already going places or also trying to save money and might be on a tighter budget than I am. Thus, I am stuck trolling the internet to find something to do that would allow me to get away for a few days. Even just a long weekend would be lovely.

Problem? Most places I want to go/would be warm enough are quite a drive or not exactly cheap. Most of me wants to go someplace warm where I can lay outside and read all day (which does not sound like a vacation I have ever wanted to take before!). The other part of me knows I can't exactly leave the Midwest, partly due to time restrictions (I have a violin lesson every Thursday, and of course, the school of music is closed the next week for Spring Break).

So...I am limited by time (have to be back in the vicinity of home by Thursday), money, and distance. I'm completely at a loss. I really am wishing it would drastically warm up enough that sitting on a beach in Door County would be an option, but I'm not entirely sure that is going to happen. And if I'm going somewhere to just sit in a hotel, I'm going to be pampered. Half of the package deals I'm finding at this time of year are "romantic getaways"...I'm pretty sure that isn't what I'm looking for, either.

I wish it was warm enough to just enjoy nature, but I doubt that will be an option. I'm starting to think I might be heading just to a city where I have family close enough to visit. I don't know.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to pass them on! I'd go just about anywhere at the moment.

Stay gold!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1