And Hippopotamuses like Me Too!

I will be perfectly honest...I hadn't even heard of this song until last year, but apparently it has been around for a while. And suddenly, it is everywhere. Don't you find that sometimes? When you learn about something or someone, suddenly you see or hear it everywhere?

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas was first performed by 10-year-old Gayla Peevey in 1953 on The Ed Sullivan Show. A local radio show actually raised money from playing this song and gave little Gayla an actual hippo, which she donated to the local zoo! It's just a fun, silly Christmas song. And, as my friend Cheryl says, this little girl's voice "comes from her knees!" I honestly hadn't known what song I was going to post about today--I have tomorrow and Christmas Day already picked out, but my friend Meagan suggested I go with this one for today.

And I think it's a fun song, so enjoy!

~Stay Gold!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1