If Only in my Dreams

Christmas is not always a happy time for everyone. Anyone who has lost a loved one or has a friend or family member far from home can find their Christmas spirit a bit lacking.

I’ll be Home for Christmas is a song that always brings a tear to my eye. It reminds me of those I no longer get to spend Christmas. More than that, too, it reminds me of all those who are serving our nation in the armed forces overseas. This song was actually written from their perspective in 1943 by Kim Gannon, Walter Kent, and Buck Ram. Gannon had the song rejected originally but after singing it to Bing Crosby while playing golf, Bing decided to record it. The song was played often at USO shows and the like, and in fact was banned by the BBC because they were afraid it would dampen British troop morale.

There are so many beautiful versions of this song, but I think we have to go with Bing for this one. Straight to the source.


~Stay gold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1