Raise, Raise a Song on High

I am running out of days, and I have so many more songs to write about! Who'd have thunk it, right?

So I've altered my original plan:  some of the songs I would like to post about are not strictly Christmas songs, like Sleigh Ride, Winter Wonderland, and Let it Snow. I think that means I can post about them after Christmas since they are really just winter songs, right?

Whew. That takes the pressure off. I mean, how do you pick, exactly?

Today I want you to enjoy one of my favorite artists, Lindsey Stirling. Never, ever, ever will I be able to play the violin like she can, but ever since I started taking lessons two or three years ago, I have enjoyed listening to her music. She is phenomenal, no doubt about it. I especially love how she uses her whole body to perform, dancing and moving to the melody.

This is her take on What Child is This, a hymn written in 1865 to the tune of the English folk song, Greensleeves. Interestingly enough, What Child is This, even though it is essentially an English song, is more popular in the United States than in the United Kingdom.

~Stay Gold!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1