On a Cold Winter's Night

The third Sunday of Advent. Two weeks exactly until Christmas. Can you believe it? Do you have your shopping done? I do--almost. Do you have those presents wrapped? I’m planning to--if I get my grading done. Have you baked your Christmas cookies/candies? I still have to do that for gifts and things--already did that for a Christmas party. Have you made your plan? I’m working on it--lots of schedules to sync up.

My goal this Christmas season has been to not let it stress me out. There are enough stressors in my life--Christmas doesn’t need to be one of them. I’ve done a good job so far, but there is still quite a bit of time to go. We’ll see if it stays that way.

My song for today is The First Noel. I know it seems like it has no meaning at this point since in every post I have said that the respective Christmas song is “one of my favorites.” But this song is very near the top of the chart. I absolutely love singing this song, too. Hitting that high Noel in the final few measures is one of those things that gives me goosebumps. A very good reminder that Christmas is not about us. It isn’t about presents or trees or stockings or any of that. That first Christmas was a simple affair between shepherds, angels, and a tiny family in a stable.

I couldn’t choose which version to share, but since I have already used Bing once or twice on this list, and Nat King Cole will be coming up soon, I decided to go with Frank’s version.


Enjoy! And, of course, stay gold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1