The "S" Word

I’m going to say something right now that is going to make me very unpopular.

I love snow.

I love walking in it, all bundled up and warm. I love the sound it makes as it crunches under your boots. I love watching it through my windows. I love the way it looks on tree branches and mailboxes and roofs. I love the way it muffles all the sound and makes the world so very quiet and still. I don’t love driving in it, but that’s about it. I’m an Illinoisan, so driving in it is a necessary evil.

But I love snow. Always have. And so, to celebrate my love of snow, comes another of my favorite songs from another of my favorite Christmas movies (or movies in general--I could watch this all year long).

Snow from the 1954 film White Christmas. I love the line “I’ll wash my hair with snow!” All I can think is, “And get pneumonia from snow!” But even so, how cute is this song? And how cute is the part where they hold up the blue scarf behind the white napkin with all the little trees on it? My mom’s favorite scene, as we all know in my household.

Enjoy!


~Stay Gold!

Comments

  1. Kaitlyn, I love your blog. Even though we are in different generations, your posts strike a chord with me. Stay gold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1