Day 18: Inside the Weirdness

I don't think I know anyone I would consider "normal," but I honestly feel very far removed from that concept on a weekly (if not daily) basis. I like a lot of things that apparently make me "weird" and so here are five of them. Just as a note, I'm qualifying "weird" as anything someone my age wouldn't ordinarily place in their list of likes.

1. 80s Detective Shows
I mean, I seriously love these things! Magnum p.i., Simon & Simon, and The A-Team are rainy and sunny day standbys for me. I honestly have never met another twenty something who so appreciates those lost treasures.

2. Cheese
A lot of people like cheese, but I'm weirdly obsessed with it. Like, if there is an option to add cheese to something, it's going to be added. And I eat cheese randomly all the time. Maybe it's a sign that I should move to Wisconsin...

3. Instrumental Soundtracks
I'm the person who listens to the Band of Brothers soundtrack while I'm driving. I listen to them while reading or on long trips or while I'm writing or while I'm cleaning...and I see nothing wrong with that.

4. Books about cowboys
Books about cowboys are great! Cowboys are amazingly sexy, even on the written page. I love novels with a cowboy in the hero position...there is seething about the ruggedness that I can't resist!

5. Fall scents 
The spiciness of those fall scents is absolutely irresistible! And they remind me of vacationing in Wisconsin and of my childhood and I can't hardly stand it. I feel homesick when I smell fall smells, like pumpkin and cinnamon and apple and blueberry...now I'm hungry, too!

Well, there you have it! It was tough to think about it and decide what was weird and what was actually a very common thing to enjoy.

Stay gold!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1