Day 4: [Insert topic here]

Today's topic was supposed to be "My Thoughts on Drugs and Alcohol." And then I got to thinking about it. Nobody cares what I think about drugs (I don't use them, and you shouldn't either), and my thoughts on alcohol are personal as well. If you want to know, ask me, but I don't think I need to devote a whole blog post to the idea.

Instead, I'm going with something off the top of my head. I'm not so good at thinking like that on days when I come home from school with a headache (and I still don't know why I have said headache), especially knowing the long day I have ahead of me tomorrow.

But here we go, and I think it's a fun one.

If I weren't teaching, what would I want to be doing as a job?

Long title, but I wanted to clarify the difference. "What would I be doing?" could be applied to summer break or any break. I'd be travelling, reading, catching up on my television, writing, whatever. But what would I love to do as a job if I weren't teaching? That's a little different.

I have two that are very much related and yet not at all the same.  If I were looking for another career, I think I would want to be a full-time author. Not that I've ever been published, but if I were able to work on my craft 24/7, there is no doubt in my mind that I could be (wow, that sounds conceited! Let's go with confident instead...) I would love to write for a career, and someday I might make it a side-career, something I do as well as teach. Maybe once I've got things more under control...

The other job choice I have reminds me of when I was a kid. It always seemed like every kid I ever met had two things they wanted to do when they grew up. One was lofty, and one was just fun. Mine, as a kid, was to work at a grocery store, because I loved pressing buttons and I would have loved scanning things and bagging things (now, there's no way I would do that...I've heard too many stories from my siblings...)

If I had all the money in the world or was otherwise financially stable, I would work at a bookstore. I'd work at Barnes and Noble every day for the rest of my life. Being around books, getting to smell coffee all day, getting to read new books as soon as they are released...I can't think of anything bad about working at a bookstore. But that's just my opinion :)

Anyway, have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy Hump Day, everybody!

~Stay gold :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1