Day 3: iPod Shufflin'

I don't know exactly what this is going to say about me or tell you about me, but I'm about to put my iPod on shuffle and list the first ten songs that play. Maybe I'll add a bit of description about why that particular song is on my iPod--that could really help people understand me. Or not. Whatever.

1. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot
What a great oldie! I can remember my dad playing this in the car on our way to Lake Superior to visit the site of the Edmund Fitzgerald's wreck. It brings back great memories--and reminds me how lucky I was to have a father with excellent taste in music.

2. Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin
Thanks to my dear brother, I have begun to appreciate Zeppelin. This was one I uploaded last summer.

3. The Wardrobe by Harry Gregson-Williams
From the Chronicles of Narnia:  The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe soundtrack--the first of many soundtracks that will be listed here.

4. You Die or I do by Hans Zimmer
From Man of Steel. See, second soundtrack!

5. It had better be Tonight by Michael Buble
The only thing better than the original artists of the '40s and '50s is the master of modern-retro Jazz, Mr. Buble. I love him.

6. The Crystal Ship by The Doors
This is from a playlist my sister gave me of songs played on Supernatural. But Jim Morrison in general is good enough reason for it to be on my iPod.

7. Building a Town by Kevin Kiner
From the Hell on Wheels Season 1 soundtrack. Thanks to this show, I'm beginning to segue into bluegrass-style music.

8. Time has Come Today by the Chamber Brothers
Another oldie from my dad's collection. I can't even count the number of times he would blast this on the stereo when I was younger. And I mean blast--he'd turn it all the way up until the walls were shaking!

9. Riddles in the Dark by Howard Shore
Hee hee...like there wouldn't be a Tolkien reference on this list. You all know me too well :) This is from The Hobbit soundtrack--when Gollum and Bilbo meet and swap riddles.

10. Dance with Me by the Wonders
I love this song and this movie (That Thing you Do!). Another great one from my pops!

Well, there you have it. What insights you have received!

Stay Gold :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1