Day 8: A Date which would live in Infamy...

Everybody has that dream date in the back of their mind...or most people do, anyway. As a lover of romance novels and romantic comedies, I have seen my fair share of phenomenal dates. As a single female, I have been on my fair share of good dates and bad dates and blind dates and dates with people who remind me of my cousin or brother (always awkward). I have a beautiful dream date in my head, but it is very location and calendar specific. And honestly, it is something that I would love to do with my husband rather than a boyfriend. In fact, that is when I know this date will occur--after I'm married. And it is a more-than-one day thing, so maybe this doesn't even qualify as a "date." But I'm going with it anyway, so deal with it :^)

The Perfect Date

Place:  New York City (told you--very specific!)
When:  Christmastime

This date--or series of dates--has a very specific itinerary. However, the following parts of said date can occur at any point. (I never said it was a cheap date--note the overuse of the word "fancy!")

  • Going to Radio City Music Hall and seeing the Rockettes Christmas show
  • Taking a horse-drawn carriage ride around Central Park
  • Skating at Rockefeller Center
  • Drinking hot chocolate at the top of the Empire State Building
  • Catching a production of Newsies (or whatever show I'm obsessing about at the time!)
  • Finding a production of The Messiah to attend
  • Window shopping at Macy's and Gimbel's and all those fancy places
  • Attending a Christmas Eve service at Trinity Church (or some other big fancy church)
  • Spending Christmas Day curled up in our (fancy!) hotel room, eating room service and watching White Christmas and Holiday Inn and Elf and A Christmas Story and Miracle on 34th Street and Charlie Brown and The Grinch and all the other classics I'm forgetting
This trip-of-a-lifetime is going to take some time to save for, but it is certainly a series of dates which I would never forget (and hopefully he wouldn't, either!) The saddest part? I have this trip more intricately planned than my dream honeymoon! And this isn't the only trip to New York I have in mind--we have to go when it's nicer out, so I can do Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty and all the other stuff, too.

Stay gold!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Kinda "Knotty"

Who do you think you are?

Questions: Round 1